Surus seeks a BI and Technology Analyst to join our fast growing political, data and tech company based in Lake Bluff, IL. The ideal candidate will bring a positive, innovative and motivated attitude to the job. He or she must be a self- starter willing to bring technological, data, and process solutions to our Republican and politically conservative clients across Illinois. While most of the work can be done remotely, the position will require occasional travel to company headquarters to work with the extended team.
Role and Responsibilities
BI and Technology Analyst’s initial responsibilities will be to maintain and extend our existing business intelligence solutions in tableau, create optimal data models ready for analysis, and conduct ad-hoc analysis for our clientele. Additionally, this role will be in direct contact and manage the analytic work for our clientele. This individual will understand requirements given from clients, conduct analysis, and review final work with the clientele. This person will work closely with both a tech lead and part-time CTO to grow into more responsibilities over time based on performance.
This person will have the opportunity to be an integral part of our team to build out our technical and analytic capabilities over the next 2-3 years and will work side by side with experienced entrepreneurs, technology, and campaign professionals.
- 1+ Years of development experience with Python, R, or JVM-based languages in a
- 1+ Years of Experience with SQL and noSQL Databases
- 1+ Years of Experience using ETL processes for data preparation
- 1+ Years using Tableau, PowerBI, or other Business Intelligence Tools
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructures
- Experience with Github or Gitlab
- Experience with REST APIs
- Comfortable working with messy data and cleansing data
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and client work
Nice to Have
- Experience with NationBuilder
- Experience managing client relationships
- Functional programming experience
- Understanding of basic machine learning principles
- Comfortable with basic statistical analysis
Surus provides a competitive salary, benefits, work life balance, and an exciting entrepreneurial growth environment.